Monday, June 15, 2009

Ice Cubes

I've calmed down since my last update. I am a positive patty now thank goodness!

Here is an update:

1. Most important: Jeremy passed his evaluation!! I am so proud of him. In the police world, passing during the "first phase" is amazing! My precious police officer is such a hard worker.

2. I went to the job fair that I have looked forward to for SO LONG! Spring ISD is my favorite district and I really look forward to working for them one day! At the job fair I had an on the spot interview! I think it went well. It was with Hoyland Elementary, a brand new school that is opening August 2009 (8 minutes from where we live). I absolutely LOVED the assistant principal that interviewed me, he is hilarious and very warm. Who wouldn't want to work for someone like that? He told me he saw me fitting in with the 3rd grade team and it should be about 2 weeks, but he will call and let me know something good or bad! I REALLY want him to call with good news. My cell phone is now with me at ALL times.

3. I got a phone call today with a job offer. Not a teaching position, but a nanny position. It is a family friend and I have already met the kids. They are very sweet, funny and I really like them. Are you ready for this? She is going to pay me more than I could make being a teacher. I will work 3:30ish- 9 or 10, Monday- Friday. The same schedule as Jeremy. My ultimate goal is to become a teacher, but when will I be offered a job?!?! What if I pass up this nanny position and don't end up with a teaching job. I only have a probationary certificate now, I could do student teaching and become fully certified. (Which would increase my chance of getting a teaching job by A LOT.) I will admit, I really like knowing I have a back up plan. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I am letting her know in 2 weeks. Crazy....

4. Wall-E is such a DIVA! I have been putting ice cubes in his water because it's hot outside. He will drink warm water, but he isn't too thrilled about it. When it is really cold he chugs it, blows air bubbles in it...and freaks out. You should try it if you are a dog owner. At first, they might be afraid of the ice cubes, but they soon begin to love it!

5. Tomorrow is yet another job fair. I am going to go and stalk Spring ISD again. This job fair is made up of several school districts, so hopefully something positive will come from it. :)

Have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Is it weird that i really like lists, and that makes me enjoy these posts even more - because they're very organized?

Love youuuu!