Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Wee Bit Stressed...

This is my first venting blog.... if you are "Positive Patty" today.... you might want to skip this blog post by "Negative Nancy."

I am STRESSED OUT. When I planned our wedding, I always knew we were going to get married in the end.... so I shouldn't worry about the little things. I didn't. I even ignored "the people" that told me to do our wedding different than Jeremy and I wanted. (My Mom was very well behaved during the process...I am not talking about her!) I was very calm during the whole process.

When it comes to finding an elementary teaching position, I don't have that stability of knowing it will be ok in the end. This job search is so important to me. I really want this. Give me my own classroom people. Someone... please?

This weekend is the Spring ISD job fair. It's like PROM! I am getting my nails done tomorrow so my nervously chewed off fingernails do not show. I am getting a much needed haircut so they think I take care of myself. (My hair is horrible...no really...sick.) I have my hot little professional outfit ready and I hope to talk to lots of principals.

I have been trying to not take out my stress on those I love. I have been a little short with Jeremy about him forgetting to ask off for our trip to Michigan. But, really....he is the most forgetful person ever. Sometimes I want to take a permanent marker and write notes on his forehead. It will probably happen one day. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Love you Germ.

I have taken out my stress in the following ways:
(A) Our water heater is still out. I have called the builder 7 times. SEVEN. They never answer. My messages have gotten more rude each time I have to take a cold shower. Someone finally called me today asking for the serial and model number of the water heater. I told her I have to get in the attic to get it. She told me to call her back after i get it. I said .."NO! YOU wait for me to get in the attic. I have called yall 7 times. DO NOT hang up." She didn't. They are coming tomorrow. I didn't care what homegirl thought. She gets a hot shower when she gets home.

(B) I was at a gas station and I literally was hit by the side mirror of a mans truck. He was on his cell phone and one more step and I would at least have a broken leg. He just simply didn't see me. I wasn't hidden or in an area that he maybe could of missed. Oh boy...I was angry. Long story short...I was telling him he almost hit me and to pay attention. He rolled his eyes. Anger ran through my body...I went off. He finally hung up his phone, sat there and took it. And... I got my apology.

(C) On a lighter note. I finally stepped away from job searching and went to the pool for an hour today. I desperately need to shave my legs, but that would hurt so bad in cold water....so I went anyway. The couple at the pool with me was too busy making out to notice. Life was good. The silence, the sun, and the pool. Life was amazing for that hour. Sidenote: I really need a tan.


Love,
Negative Nancy

No comments: