
Jeremy James, my future hubs. He is currently in the Houston Police Academy. He is the most honest and considerate man that I have ever met. We both have huge problems with drinking and driving and I love that he will soon have the control to get those idiots off of the street! He comes from a wonderful family, with lots of brothers, a sister, and even 2 nephews and a niece! I am really excited that my family will be growing very quickly! He is a neat freak, check. He will eat whatever is placed in front of him, check. He makes me laugh until my stomach hurts everyday, check. And…… he is by far the most handsome man to ever walk into my life, check.
Mama! My mother is one of a kind. She was a single mother when I grew up and the hardest working person that I have ever met. She is the CEO of Commonwealth Mortgage Company. Although she may seem hard on the surface, she still calls me “baby.” She has started to baby Jeremy and I think it is so funny. Did I mention that she buys him random shirts and flip flops? Mom has a son now and she loves him. I think it’s precious. My mom has helped us a lot lately with the wedding and our house. She came over yesterday to let us borrow her lawn mower because we don’t have one yet! How nice is that? (By the way, I did cut the yard without cutting off a toe!) My mom is my hero for sure! In high school when everyone else was enjoying after school and their summers, I was "forced" to work at her company. I look back now and it taught me so much. From knowing more about computers than necessary to understanding what it takes to be a great employee, I am very thankful for her pushing me to work with her. I love her.
Courtney Cochran almost Manning! I met my best friends in 8th grade dance class. She was the good dancer and I was the girl with holes in my tights and our teacher told me to buy new tights everyday. Why did I need new tights? Mine were just fine! It probably didn’t help that I pulled on the holes for fun to make them bigger. A.D.D. has set in…back to Courtney. We have been best friends for a long time and we have never been in a fight. It seems unbelievable but we just know each other like the back of our hand and we can usually figure out whatever is going on with the other person. I also feel that fights are created by someone doing something careless to the other person. We have never done anything to each other and we trust each other! Her family is my family and so on! I would tell her mom anything and she actually understands my mom! :) She is a 4th grade teacher at San Jacinto Elementary. She has opened a lot of doors for me by introducing me into a lot of teachers and I love working there! I hope to be working at her school very soon. She is “my person.” (Grey’s Anatomy lingo.)

Daddy. I will call my father my daddy until Jeremy and I actually have children and then he will become Papaw or Grandpa. Everyone’s relationship with their parents is different than others. He won’t be able to make it to my wedding. It hit me really really hard at first, but I truly understand my dad unlike anyone else. My grandma (see below) and I are his best friends and we are the support he needs. He has been through a lot in life and I wish I could do more for him. His laughter is contagious and his ultimate best friend is the lovely Bobo! This man made me the animal lover/rescuer that I am today! My dad's country accent will always be my favorite and I will always be a Daddy’s girl.

Grandma or Memaw. If I ever need anything random, I tell my grandma about it. Within days she will find several at yard sales. Example: I needed vases for the candy station at the wedding, the very next day..she had TEN that she only paid 25 cents for! I wish we had more yard sales down here! I had an awesome opportunity to live with her for 6 months while Jeremy was finishing up school. I got to live in a small bedroom in her basement and I never thought that I would say this, but I really miss that room with the pink carpet! Everyday when I walked into her house, I was instantly given a huge smile followed with “Hello my little darling.” I even miss her “It’s not done until the fire alarm is going off” cooking! She is by far the most amazing grandmother in the world. She is and always will be one of my best friends. We talk weekly about everything. Her husband, good ole’ Grandpa is also the best grandfather in the world. He is hilarious and always has a positive outlook on life. I wish they lived in Texas and not Michigan!There are a lot of people that I consider very important in my life, but those are all I have time for today! Soon enough I will do a Part 2 edition of this post! Tonight is my first teaching class because of Hurricane Ike! (All of the others were cancelled due to a damaged building!)I am really excited to get this process moving along so I must go now to finish up some chores and get ready for class! ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment