Hello everyone! When I was a freshman at Baylor, a big thing was the Xanga blog. This was before Facebook took over everything on the internet! About 6 months ago, I somehow stumbled across mine and I loved reading my stories from so long ago! I am slowly discovering that reading others has been so entertaining that I must create my own. I think this is a perfect time to share stories. I am getting married in 18 days, and getting certified to teach while subbing! Life changes fast!
The air is finally filled with silence and the occasional car that drives by. For awhile, all I heard were chainsaws and generators. Hurricane Ike took over! No power for over a week wasn't as bad as most made it out to be. I heard others complaining about not having Wi-Fi, and no football. We just lived through 100 m.p.h. winds and you are worried about that? I was up all night as freaked out as ever. The windows were rattling and I kept thinking that I heard a tornado. My mother, Jeremy, and Michael's entire family were over. Everyone was asleep and I had convinced myself that a tornado was going to come and I would be the only one awake to save them. No tornado came. I ended up just being the psycho creepy lady staring out of the window all night long. (I did interestingly enough see 2 burglars walk out of our neighborhood with 2 trash bags full of whatever. AND... a tornado did hit a neighborhood nearby!) I even went as far as making sure Jeremy was covered up with a blanket from head-to-toe all night because he insisted on sleeping in the comfy bed by a window. Conclusion: You probably don't want to come over here during the next natural disaster, I am scary.
The wedding is only 18 days away! I am so excited! We have anticipated this moment for so long! It will be strange to not have anything to plan after October 25! Hopefully my friends will need help with their big days and I can pass on the things that I have learned and of course my "O.C.D. Wedding Binder!" Planning a wedding in a state over 1,000 miles away from me has been interesting. This is my first wedding to plan and it has all been a learning process. All that matters is that we are getting married! All of the little things truly do not matter. As long as Jeremy and I show up, we are good to go...and that is what is keeping me sane during this wedding planning process! I have also hired a wonderful "Day-of Coordinator" to make me feel like the bride and not the planner on the big day! Life is good! :)
Teaching is amazing! I have LOVED subbing at Courtney's school, San Jacinto Elementary! All of the teachers are really nice and I am already attached to a lot of the kids. This experience is making me a better teacher and I am loving every second of it. The other teachers have made me feel really good about my teaching with their compliments and their requests to have me as their sub! In my free time (non-existent) I have managed to create a treasure chest, and I have started to plan my classroom for next year! I am going to go with either a Zoo theme or a Bug theme. The Zoo theme will be fun with lots of animals. The reading section will say "We're Bananas about Books!" The discipline section will say "No Monkeyin' Around!" The classroom jobs section will say "Can you spot your job?" (With a picture of a leopard.) The Bug theme will focus on Ladybugs, Dragonflies, Butterflies, and Bees. The reading corner will say "Don't bug us, we are reading." The helper section will say "We're buggin' to help!" or "Can you spot your job?" (With ladybugs!)
I love this life that I was given and I can't wait to share the adventures with Jeremy.
1 comment:
yay!! welcome to the blogging world!!! cant wait for the subbing sories to come:)
Post a Comment