Wednesday, October 15, 2008

10 days until "I do!"

Optimism has been a necesity in this wedding planning process. Everyone keeps asking me how I am doing and they are always surprised to hear that everything is going really well. I chose to go for more of a simple wedding than one with a lot of details that no one will really ever remember. Who really remembers centerpieces? I do love ours, but really...does it matter? Does this mean that I am an anti-bride? I think a wedding should symbolize a lot about the Bride & Groom! Our wedding is going to be lovely because it is simple, just like us! :)


Examples:
(1)Instead of a fancy meal served to each person, we are doing a buffet of Jeremy's favorite foods!
(2)We are also not having a limo. We are actually having a rental car because our cars will be in Texas haha! Jeremy used that money for a 52'' flat screen television instead! (Whatever money we do not use, we get to keep!)
(3)Instead of a band, we are having a dj. I was really anti-dj at first, but it saved us $4000. Woo!


All of the planning is pretty much done! I still have to buy some things in Michigan when I arrive there on Monday (candles, and other small things that I don't want to bring on the plane).
I am thankful that I found a man that will be a great dad, husband, and best friend! All that matters about this wedding is the fact that Jeremy and I are getting married, not if the cake has perfect details on it, or if the chair covers are on right. I am thankful for this experience and I refuse to worry about something so wonderful.

1 comment:

Jared and Kat said...

Good for you! I hope you enjoy every second of it!