Thursday, October 16, 2008

Future Classroom Theme Part Dos



Subbing has only made me more obsessed with my non-existent Bug classroom theme! Here are some more ideas! If anyone ever needs help with a theme of a party or anything, let me know...I love this stuff!

  • Bee-utiful Work: Fun and well done work by the students!
  • B.E.E. Books- “Bring Everything Everyday!” These will be yellow folders that they will have their homework in, possible behavior notes, and everything that should be brought home!
  • I found some “Bee A Reader” bookmarks!
  • Bug of the week= Student of the week.
  • I am going to wear a bug antenna during certain quiet/work with yourself times…. and they can say they “can only bug me it is one of the 3 B’s: bleeding, barfing, or bathroom!” (I found that one with research and I love it!)
  • Buzz Words= Word wall!
  • Beeing Honorable= Classroom management system!
  • Rules such as: Bee Responsbile, Bee kind, Bee the best that you can bee, etc.
  • Attendance: A large attendance hive with a small velcro square for each student to attach their own bee to when they arrive in the morning. (This is a maybe...)
  • Homework folder for absent students: A sheet to record homework for absent students that says "While you've BEEn gone..."
  • Open house will have "I'm so glad you are going to BEE in my class" mentioned a lot.
That should be enough for you to get the point. At first my main focus was on ladybugs, but I love using all of the bugs, especially bees!

Goodnight & Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: