After a rough 3 months, a new chapter has begun!
Here are some updates about us:
Jeremy is finally on a normal working schedule. I would write his schedule to tell you what "normal" is but I don't feel right telling the world when my husband is at work and I am home alone. :) He continues to LOVE his job. I love hearing about his stories. He now knows what stories are not ok to tell me. He accepts I like my happy bubble. It may be naive but it keeps me sane and I don't worry about him.
He finished up his movie room. I will post pictures later. We have done lots of rearranging of the house for something new. It's lovely!
We celebrated being married one year on October 25!
Wall-E is still annoying and hyper but hilarious. He knocked down his kitchen gate yesterday and it snapped in half. That monster knew exactly what he was doing. We decided it was finally time to not have it up. It was mainly for his baby years to prevent potting on the carpet but it was nice when he was bad and we could just stick him in the kitchen. Now he has free range of the whole downstairs. Scary because he chews on everything. He will still go in his crate at night and when we are gone because he is so destructive. It's a good thing in a way because we will have to always keep the house spotless. Anything out of place will end up in Wall-E's mouth, like always. I have pictures of him on my camera that I will post later.
I resigned from my job. Yes, I know... it was my dream job. I LOVE my kids. To summarize the situation, I had 5 kiddos in my homeroom class with serious behavior problems. They were awesome kids, they just fed off of each other. Everyday was a battle. They would leave the room when they wanted, throw pencils, throw down chairs and desks, get into fights and refused to do their work. The final straw was when one of them started pushing me, trying to punch me, and threatening to kill me. He was just a 9 year old right? Of course. This 9 year old had serious issues. He often told me he wanted to die and he was evil. He spoke to his friends about the guns his step-dad owned and how he knew how to make a gun. I went to administration and they raised their eyebrows a little, pretended to be concerned and moved on. The day after that he pushed me again and told me he was going to kill me. So I told my principal I wanted to meet with her. Enough was enough. She told the assistant principal to meet with me and told her to take notes. That really set me off. She showed no interest in my situation. I was very nice to her, always had been. I went to her with plans for improvement and I really tried to make a difference there several times. After the meeting with the assistant principal (which she used the words "get over it") I sent the principal an email stating I had no choice but to leave if the child was not removed from my classroom. She read it 5 minutes later and never responded. I was furious. I started to pack up my things and I had planned to give my 2 weeks notice. THEN out of nowhere I received a text message asking if I was available for a nanny position I turned down when I took my teaching job. I called her and told her I could start tomorrow. I told my kids goodbye and it was horrible and moved out that night. I made some great friends at work that I still keep in touch with. They said last Friday they had 3 people in my class trying to control it. I kept telling the principal that my kids needed to be split up but she didn't listen. They will have to learn the hard way. The school itself is out of control. Administration..the assistant principal actually..is a disaster. She will suspend a kid for a fight then tell another kid it was ok. She needs consistency. She shows the kids it is ok to be disruptive. She is also as RUDE as possible. Thinking about her again makes me angry so moving on...
Now I am a nanny for 2 wonderful kiddos. Their names are Savannah and Alec. They are hilarious and keep me laughing. They live with their grandmother and she wants someone young to play with them and keep them entertained. They have lots of energy and I am 1000% happier. Jeremy and I wake up at the same time and go to bed at the same time. I LOVE that. Before we were on opposite schedules and were lucky if we saw each other that day.
Will I ever go back to teaching? Not anytime soon. I actually get to see my husband now. I don't have TONS of homework everyday. When work is over, it's over. No ridiculous spreadsheets, data or grading papers. I can finally say I LOVE my life. I have time to clean and that was out of control there for awhile. I hope to bee with Savannah and Alec for a really long time. I LOVE my new job. I have known their family for over 15 years so everything is very comfortable.
P.S. I went skydiving in the midst of hating my job. It was absolutely insane. My new life motto is you only live once, make the best of it. I refuse to do anything that doesn't make me happy anymore. Being up in the sky and flying was one of the best things I have ever done. I will do it again! WHO WANTS TO GO WITH ME!!??!?!
1 comment:
WOW! What a month!
Sounds like a lot of stress but a great end result. Glad you are happy with the nanny job! And I'm glad you found a job that gives you the same schedule as Jeremy, that's so nice.
Maybe Wall-E will start behaving since both of his parents are home at the same time :)
Post a Comment