Wall-E has been with us almost one full year. We got him January 1st last year making is our first Christmas with him. Sad to say...Walls WILL be getting coal from Santa. Homeboy is all over the presents. He doesn't know how to control himself. It's spooky too because he just rips off the corner enough to see what's inside. I swear he's a human with extra hair. He chewed up 3 ornaments but they were in the bag to go back to the store. I got them 50% off so not a huge deal. At least they weren't any special ones. Positive patty '09.
Mom made us kitchen curtains! I honestly liked the ones we had just fine. Got them at Walmart. Let me be cheap Mom! Nope. Not happening! I let her do her thing and I love them! I told her she could have control as long as they were red. This picture inspires me to paint our walls. I have always wanted a yellow kitchen...but NO the kitchen connects to the living room and a yellow living room isn't on my want list. We might be moving also.so painting would be pointless.
3:15- I pick up the kids from school or their Grandma likes to too.
3:17- Make the kids a snack. Chocolate milk and usually chicken nuggets.
3:19- Work on Homework...they have lots. We study their weekly bible verse, do their math worksheet, work on spelling, and we all read together. (I have been reading Nicholas Sparks books!) They usually have a project thrown in there or language arts and social studies. Right now Alec is memorizing the state abbreviations and we just finished an awesome book summary project. Alec always has more homework than Savannah because she is in 2nd grade and he is in 4th.
5ish- Kids go play at neighbors or we play outside for a bit. TV is only allowed on the weekends. Alec throws me the ball and I never catch it. He makes fun of me. I pull Savannah on her skate board. Life is good.
7:30ish- Dinner time. I eat dinner with them every night. The grandmother likes to cook so I usually make the salad. I love it.
8:30ish- I take the kids upstairs to get ready for bed. Savannah goes first and I layout their PJs and their clothes for tomorrow. I do the smell tests...breath, arm pits. If they fail..they brush or shower again. :) I guess I am strict but I make it fun. When I count down when they are doing something they shouldn't be..they always correct. I haven't reached zero yet. :)
9:00- Bedtime. We have done it a little different every week. They love secret telling time. Savannah has 2 twin sized beds in her room. Alec likes to sleep in there with Savannah. They are really close. Anywho..We tell secrets. I swear I have told all of the secrets I have ever had! They ask all about my past and they know everything. Even about old boyfriends haha. They are hilarious. Our new thing is for me to lay down in each of their bed for at least 5 minutes while we talk.
There have been a lot of nights that the grandmother and grandfather go out. Those nights I cook and clean up the kitchen. Last Friday, we all made pretzel dessert things and watched a movie in the movie theater room.
I LOVE this job. I have so much fun with the kids. They call me Miss Felicia. That quickly turned in to Miss Feresha. I take what I can get! :)
We have been looking at buying another house. I know crazy. This house was an investment for us. It's an amazing house and I really do love it. I've always likes houses with more character though. Jeremy is into newer things and I am into an older house with character that we can fix up! I spend all of my spare time looking at houses with Mom and searching online for them. I put the picture above because that was my room at Grandma's when I lived there for 6 months! I love her house. It's old and she has too much stuff on the walls...but it's Grandma's and I love her home!!! She put pink carpet in there just for me! :)
Speaking of Michigan...
Jeremy's parents, sister, brother, exchange student, and uncle are coming Dec. 26th- January 1st. No idea where everyone is going to sleep, but it will work out. I finished decorating the house for Christmas. I went a little crazy...but that's normal for me when it comes to decorating for a holiday. I'll post a blog with decorations later. I put pictures on Facebook if you have an account on there! (Who doesn't?)
Jeremy continues to love his job. He hasn't popped my happy bubble yet, so that is good. When he starts talking about something a little bit worth worrying about..I give him "the look" and he quickly ends the story with "and then I saved a cat from a tree" or something similar. I continue to listen and "the look" turns into a smile.
Other than that...not much is new around here. Jeremy and I continue to live each day laughing and chasing Wall-E around. Life is good. We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment