Update: I was offered the position at Hoyland Elementary! I will be teaching 3rd grade! The best part: I will be teaching Language Arts and Social Studies!!! My 2 favorite subjects!!
Why I love language arts: Grammar queen! Is it weird that it freaks me out when adults don't know the difference between they're, their or know and no...or even worse... you're and your!!!! Sick people! Learn proper English!
Why I love Social Studies: One of the many topics will be appreciation of different cultures, races, and religions! Hello...I graduated from Baylor majoring in sociology! I also love history! We could also possibly talk about community helpers! I could have Jeremy come in with his police get up and answer their questions!
About the interview: I went in very calm. I knew I had a back up and it was all meant to be. I think that really helped me. I sat there with the principal, a 3rd grade team leader and two 1st grade co-team leaders. They were all very nice! They wanted to know more about me personally than what experience I had. The principal was the principal of the year last year and she was beyond nice and lovely! The 3rd grade teacher was very warm. She was actually the one at the job fair to pick me for an on the spot interview. When it was time to leave, the principal told me not to accept any other job offers and she will call me on Tuesday for a yes or no. I received a call from her about an hour after the interview telling me she wanted me to come join their team. She said that Spring ISD requires her to call 3 references before it's offical but I should have no worries.
Craziest part: An hour after that phone call I received an email with training sessions I have to attend. I am excited to learn more! My future kiddos deserve someone that works hard for them. So far I have to go to: 5 training days this summer! Bring it!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is awesome!! Congrats congrats congrats!!
Congrats lady! You are going to be an amazing role model for those kiddos!
So excited for you!! You will be a wonderful teacher!! Also, I tagged you in the Honest Scrap awards on my blog : )
Post a Comment