Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our First Child!

We got a puppy! It all started with our visit to San Antonio. Jeremy’s family has 2 wonderful dogs. They are very well behaved and I could tell Jeremy began to think about getting one. After we left the family to head home, we stopped by my friend Kirsten’s house to say hello. Her boyfriend mentioned that he knew someone giving away Lab puppies. Jeremy wanted one and I couldn’t believe it! I told him to wait because I wanted to do my research! We got home that Sunday and talked about it. By Monday he was already over it. I let it go. Then Tuesday I started secretly doggie searching on Petfinder.com (great website by the way)! I am allergic to most dogs. They don’t hurt me a lot but they make me sneeze! Who honestly likes sneeze attacks where you sneeze 15 times in a row? Not me! So anywho, hypoallergenic dogs DO exist. Bobo was one! It just means they don’t shed! I found a breed I loved called a Labradoodle! It’s half lab half poodle. Jeremy hated it. He said it was ugly. That was that. I wasn’t giving up though!

My goal was to adopt….I don’t like getting dogs from a breeder, but this was a rare occasion. This woman had an ad in the Houston Chronicle. Her dogs, a lab and a labradoodle…got together on accident one night. He is 1/4 poodle and 3/4 lab. Which makes him…..PERFECT. I am not allergic to him and he looks just like a lab! He is 12 weeks old, and she only charged us $200! All of the other labradoodle’s are over $1000.00. I am overly excited!

His name is….Wall-E. Since I was finally allowed a dog, I let Jeremy pick out if he wanted a boy or girl and the name. One day we will get a girl and name it Eva!

Let the obsession begin! Here are 2 videos and lots of pictures!!!!!!




Germ's beautiful artwork!

We had to drive 2 hours to get Wall-E. I drove really fast, hey I was excited. We got there...30 minutes early. We found a stray dog, felt bad for her and fed her! It made me feel better about buying an animal instead of adopting!

The sweet woman that gave us Wall-E! She has a deep southern accent. We are now buddies!
Wall-E on the way home. He liked Daddy's lap!


REALLY excited!
Mom excited about the new dog in the family! Mom and I have used the word "perfect" so many times describing Wall-E today that Jeremy told us to stop! haha.


Sleepy head with his Wall-E blanket!!!!!

1 comment:

Care said...

He is sooo cute! Funny name, but adorable dog. Congrats!