Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wedding Stories Part 2

Can't sleep......because I just took a very important test in a room where the air conditioner was broken! That was amazing...... anywho...

1.

Quick note: Jeremy and I were married in the same church that Jeremy's father grew up in, his parents were married in, and his grandpa was a minister for a long time! I knew Jeremy really wanted to get married there and I was ok with it. When I walked in and saw that big, beautiful cross...I was probably more excited than him!

No more a.d.d....here I go. The weird thing also about Jeremy's parents getting married there was how it rained on the wedding day. Everyone told me it was good luck, but I honestly didn't care either way. All morning it rained. It only bothered me when I tried to get into the car after we got our hair done! One of the best parts of the day was...literally as we exchanged vows the sun came shining through that big cross that I love so much. Nikki told me that the bridesmaids had all kinds of colors on them and they said it was amazing! How fun is that?


2.
I sadly do not remember her name, but she was amazingly funny! She was full of energy and I loved my hair! It was very...me. I didn't have time to have a hair trial, so I just went with it. One thing I will say really caught me off guard was when she told me that her daughter calls her a whore all of the time! She acted like it was no big deal! I will sadly never see her again, but what a hoot.

3.
I admit it! I am not interested in football. Shoot me! I don't mind it being on the tv as long as I can multi task and do something that I find interesting! Jeremy is a huge football fan and so is his family. I bought "Football for Dummies," and only survived the first chapter. Anywho, the above picture is at our wedding. Boys and their games. I oddly found this really funny.

4.
We opted for a candy station with all red candy. Brian was candy station manager. He helped think of all candies that are red. Another big part of this candy station was Grandma! She is the garage sale QUEEN! I mentioned to her that new vases were anywhere from $10.00-$30.00 and if she saw any to get them and I would pay her back! Literally the very next day she woke me up very early to tell me she found EIGHT that morning! She bought them for a quarter each and refused to let me pay for them!

5. (No Picture Unfortunately...)

Bouquet Toss! Oh boy. If you ever watch Sex & The City...there was an episode where the 4 women go to a wedding. The bouquet is literally thrown to their feet and they kind of just walk away uninterested! Let me tell you about our wedding bouquet toss! My first time.....(athletic inability + no aim + low ceiling= boo!) it went only about 3 feet behind me! Of course! I knew this would happen.....so lets do it again! I finally get it over to them and no one wanted it! Libby, the best man's girlfriend, caught it but then handed it off to someone...who then handed it off to someone..... weirdest thing ever! I didn't understand but went with it! I remember almost fighting for it when I wanted to marry Jeremy!


6. These 2 kiddos are my favorite! Brian and Tyler! When I lived in Michigan, I would take them bowling and spent a lot of time with them. We told Brian that Tyler wanted him to be a groomsman with him and we told Tyler that Brian wanted him to be a groomsman! At first they weren't that interested, but after they found out the other wanted to be in it...they were really excited! We successfully tricked them both into it and they had a lot of fun!

Sidenote: Tyler is my little cousin and Brian is Jeremy's brother!

7. First dance: Somewhere over the Rainbow. Amazing song...listen to it! It is a long song though! I get nervous when I know a lot of people are looking at me! The first minute of the song was amazing and I felt like we were the only people in the room....but after that....I felt anxious and I was...well....ready to move on. What's wrong with me?

Please notice the ring bearer taking his job serious again. "GOT IT!!!"

No comments: