Happy Birthday Daddy!
My father is the greatest dad on the planet! His heart is filled with such kindness. Most of my childhood memories are filled with the good times that we shared. Here are just a few:
- My mom denied me getting my ears pierced and Dad stepped up and took me for my 5th birthday. I was so proud. (Having divorced parents wasn't a negative thing in my life!)
- Every time I stayed with him, he took me to get my hair professionally braided and fixed... and I got my nails painted. (See picture below of my awesome teased bangs!!!) He eventually became good friends with the hair ladies and probably dated a couple. Go Pops!
- Anytime I wanted some candy, we hoped in the car and headed straight to the gas station. I picked out whatever I wanted. (Mom is/was a diet freak, so we never had anything fun in our house.)
- He knew I loved animals, so we had LOTS. He lived on an acre so we filled the yard with lots of cats (or cats that got pregnant too much!), a goat named Nanny, and or course Bobo my protector/dog(the first one.)
- The motorcycle! I loved his motorcycle. In first grade he picked me up from school once and he said that I told him I wanted to sit there for a minute so everyone would see me. Before his Harley days, he had a Goldwing. He installed some sort of armrests for me and my helmet had a microphone. I sang while he drove, and I was living the glorious life!
Daddy with his best friend, Bo! (A recent picture!)
He said he always kept me on his shoulders because he didn't want anyone to kidnap me. In my teenage years, he said they would bring me back! :)
Ridin' dirty in my camo jeep with my hair looking awesomely teased.
Always helping him wash the cars. I think it was a bit cold outside that day!
My dad's expression in this picture makes me laugh, but I love this picture because it was one of the first ones ever taken showing the Daddy's girl love!
No comments:
Post a Comment