Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fixin' to Get Hitched!

(I love this picture! I am so excited to be married and Jeremy looks scared!)

Yo! It’s me…Mrs.Stevens! We are back in Texas and married! Our wedding was beautiful and more than I could have imagined! It rained that morning and just as we said “I do,” the sun was shining through the huge mosaic cross!

Sidenote: Jeremy’s parents were married in the same church, with the same minister (Jeremy’s grandpa) and it rained on their wedding day! Some say it’s good luck, others say it is bad…either way…I thought it was amazing and it didn’t bother me one bit. Jeremy secretly loved that we were doing the exact thing his parents did!

I was honestly really concerned my side of the church would be nearly empty and it wasn’t! I had people from Kentucky, Texas, and of course Michigan! Our wedding was small with around 80 people and I wouldn’t of had it any other way!
(My Texas beauties at Rehearsal dinner!)

We had a lot of fun and I will write about the fun little stories later. One of my favorites is about Jeremy’s little brother Brian! He was hesitant to dance and after I talked him into it, he quickly became the center of attention and we were all circled around him! What a nut! I love that kid!

(Our 200+ servings cake for only 80 people! A lot loved that they could take some home in lil' cake boxes!)

Right now I am going through something with the photographer. I can’t write down anything because if it goes legal, I don’t want anything negative on the internet. I will simply say that because the wedding coordinator and the videographer were rude to him (NOT even me!), he is saying he wants to give us our money back and not give us our pictures! As you can imagine… I am really upset! Those pictures are MY pictures from OUR wedding and I want to show my grandchildren one day. My mother and I are prepared to do whatever it takes to get them. I will finish this part after I get the pictures.

Anywho, married life is…wonderful. We are waiting to do our honeymoon because Jeremy can’t get off of work. We have already traveled Europe together so we are pretty patient about the whole thing. I did make him carry me through the front door when we got home on Sunday though!

I am honestly really tired (I had a LONG day on the phone with the photographer), but I just wanted to say we are back! Off to bed!

P.S. The girls kept saying "Fixin' to get hitched" just to bother the grumpy northerners! They also said "The south will rise again!"...... A lot! Hahah! What a weekend!

1 comment:

Care said...

You look gorgeous. I can't believe the photographer would threaten that. How dumb. I would be mad too!

Congrats again! Now you are an old married couple. ;)