
A. I fixed my phone! (Wall-E chewed it up 3 weeks ago) I ordered a kit off of Ebay to replace the cover and it was only $15.00. I looked up how to switch the cover on Youtube and I saved $35.00. I can't stand Sprint insurance by the way. They send you a refurbished phone that never works and charge you $50.00. I am smarter than Sprint. :) I also feel like I should get the Macgyver award of the week. It wasn't as easy as it looked. I had to unscrew baby screws and carefully not break the LCD screen. This reminds me of something my Father-In-Law would do. He is very "I can fix anything."
B. Jerome is on evaluations. When Jeremy is stressed out, life around here is a wee bit crazy. He has done very good on "evals" (cop lingo). I knew he would though. I am very proud of him for his hard work. He is working as I type this.....I miss him. I don't like when he works nights. Who wants to sleep alone? Ohhhhhh and....We went to Home Depot tonight. A last minute decision + it's location less than a mile away = wearing no make-up, wet hair, ugly sweat pants, and one of Jeremy's old shirts. Who do I have to impress? Oh...just one of Jeremy's work buddies that we ran into! I wanted to run like Forest Gump when I saw Jeremy knew someone. I haven't met any of Jeremy's work buddies yet and what a great first impression from me! I shouldn't care, but for some reason I let it get to me! I am big on first impressions and I sucked on that one.
C. We are trying to save money for our Europe trip in November so we are not going out to eat or spending money on ridiculous things for 30 days. We should stick to this rule all of the time, but our favorite thing to do in life together is dinner and a movie. It's our weekend routine. (Yes, we are lame, but we like it that way.....)
D. Wall-E is smarter than us. He now knows how to wiggle his way out of anything, including the gates. He has actually been very good lately. We (Wall-E and I) had to have a serious talk about the fact that I am his mother and not his girlfriend. Sometimes he looks at me with a creepy sparkle in his eye. The picture above is evidence of my stalker. I can't even go in the bathroom without him by my side. He always has to have one paw on me at all times (watching tv, cooking, laundry, etc.). P.S. I have walked into a room several times only to find Jeremy hugging Wall-E. Jeremy pretends to be the rule enforcer Dad, but he LOVES his Wall-E.
D2. Wall-E was born in Tyler, Texas. Those of your unfamiliar to this city...Tyler is in East Texas where country accents are deep! I love to talk for Wall-E to Jeremy. "Daaaaaadd, welcome home. Give me a treat. You know I own you." (Say it in a country accent....sorry but that IS funny.....)
E. This weekend is the "How to Get a Teaching Job Seminar." I hope I learn at least one thing to help me nail a job. Next weekend is the Spring ISD job fair. Typing that just made my heart beat faster. Talk about nervous. I am treating the occasion like prom. I am wearing a fabulous outfit, making my nails pretty and I am going to do my hair (gasp!) I haven't had my hair pretty since...our wedding. I always let my hair dry wavy and call it a day.
G. An inspirational quote:
"Take a look at yourself in a mirror who do you see looking back? Is it the person you want to be? Or is there someone else you were meant to be the person you were meant to be but fell short of? Is someone telling you you can’t or won’t? Because you can. Believe that love is out there. Believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do. Sometimes happiness doesn’t come from money or fame or power. Sometimes happiness comes from good friends and family and the quiet nobility of leading a good life. Believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do. Believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do. So take a look in that mirror and remind yourself to be happy because you deserve to be. Believe that. And believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do."
I liked that quote so much I put it on the fridge. Are you the person you want to be? I am getting closer every day! :)
H. Speaking of becoming who I aspire to be....I finally lifted a lot of weight off of my shoulders this weekend. To summarize, both of my parents had an interesting childhood. If I could go back in time and save them from certain situations, I would in a heart beat. I know everything happens for a reason, but I still would. This weekend I did what I have wanted to do for about 4 years. Tell someone how I feel. It went a little something like.. "One thing that I think is holding me back from being a stronger christian than I am now is forgiveness..." then I went on about my struggle with forgiving them. Let's just say they didn't like what I had to say. I did get an apology though and now I can move on with my life. Summary: Some people just suck. I will always struggle with forgiving anyone that hurts someone I love, especially my parents.
(My future goal: to tell my Dad's father how I feel. He doesn't have an email address though....)
I. I want to have a garage sale this summer! We have double of a lot of stuff. I was very lucky that Mom saved me a lot of furniture when she moved in with Michael. They didn't need 2 kitchen tables, 16 rugs, etc. They literally had 2 of everything. Michael owns a storage unit place, so he let me use a room to store everything in when I was in college. We have extra pans, plates, a blender, a huge oriental rug, a cabinet for over the toilet, extra backpacks, millions of picture frames, a nordic track (1980's version)...I could go on and on. I am excited to give us more room! I grew up in The Woodlands, TX and they didn't allow garage sales! Isn't that horrible?? Some of my best memories are finding things at garage sales with Grandma! She even found the vases for the wedding candy station at a garage sale. She came home screaming...it was amazing.
Adios. Have a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment