I am determined to find a teaching job!
I went to the Conroe ISD job fair last Saturday and it was very overwhelming! There must of been 300-400 job stealers there! I waited in line for a good 20 minutes to shake a principals hand, talk for 1-2 minutes and move on to the next school. I thought I would get no where. Out of all of the 300-400 job stealers, only about 30 had on the spot interviews. Guess who was one of them? ME! I was so excited! I felt so...special. The interview went very well! The school admitted they don't have any openings yet, but they should have a 4th grade opening soon. Either way it was a good experience and it prepared me more for a future interview.
Sidenote: The superintendent, Dr.Don Stockton, recognized me from when he was my principal when I was a junior! Isn't that crazy. I complimented him on his success and I genuinely think he is a nice man.
This Tuesday I have an interview with Aldine ISD. I am excited! All of their schools are anywhere from a 12 minute drive to a 25 minute drive! You should see my notes on all of the school districts that I am applying to. It is psycho. I wrote the names of all of the schools, how far they are from our home(looked it up on Google maps), when I faxed or emailed them my interest letter & resume and notes.
The school districts I am looking at are:
Spring: My #1 choice! They are building 3 brand new elementary schools (opening August '09). A lot of the schools are walking distance from our house! The only problem is their job fair is invitation only and it's not until June 13th. If I hold out for them and I don't get a job... that would be horrible! I've sent them my papers, so all I can do it hope!
Klein: So close to our home (2 schools are 3 miles away)! Their job fair is next weekend and I am really excited about meeting with those principals. I really don't know much about this district other than my first boyfriend went to Klein High School, haha!
Conroe: I went to a high school in this district and it is truly fabulous. The schools aren't as far as I thought (15-25 minute drive) and I have subbed with them for the past year. They aren't big on taking teachers in an alternative certification program, so this will be a lucky shot if they hire me.
Aldine: I just did a loan for a woman that works for them. She loves it! Mom's workout buddy also works for them and loves it. I am defiantly excited about meeting with them on Tuesday! I have heard they hire a lot of alternative certification teachers. Amazing.
Tomball: A little further than I would like, (25-45 minutes away). 5 of their elementary schools are hiring.Why not? Mom lives in Tomball and it is a really nice area that is growing very quickly.
Humble: Humble is a little far (25-45 minutes away), but homegirl wants a job. This is probably my last choice, but that isn't fair to say because I don't know anything about this district at all.
Our home is in a perfect location and we are right smack dab in the middle of all of the districts. Wish me luck on this new adventure and if you are feeling really nice, say a little prayer!
Also...a little update on my boys:
Jerome has begun to work nights. I already secretly hate it. I support his career but I am lonely at night. I really took Jeremy sleeping next to me for granted. I miss him a whole lot! His latest arresting adventures have included: busting a meth lab, taking lots of felons to jail, etc.
Wall-E now knows how to: sit, shake, down, come, go. He is in a nipping stage. He bites me on the legs, hiney, and especially my hands. He does it to get my attention and I am very over it! The poor thing needs so much attention and unfortunately Jeremy and I have been so busy he isn't getting the spoiled attention he is used to. He is still my angel even though I am in my own world with that statement. My hand is currently bruised from his attention crazed self.
No comments:
Post a Comment