Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Blast from the Past: Commonwealth Mortgage




Substitute teaching is getting....old. I love teaching, but subbing is much different. They test you the entire first part of the day. I don't blame them...I was one of the evil ones that was excited when a sub was there! I am going to wait until I get my own classroom....my own kids...and my own rules. "But Mrs.Stevens..my teacher does it this way!"

I swore I would never go back to my same job as high school, but here I am. I will be making double, and working double! I am a loan processor for Commonwealth Mortgage! It is fun and busy. I work with Mom and that has its ups and downs. Mom in work mode is scary, but also very helpful. When the gas prices were high she started working out of her home. I love working out of her home with her. We sit at the kitchen table...and talk loans all day. I bring Wall-E with me and he plays with Mom's dogs. Right now, it is the perfect job. I plan on working at Mom's house for as long as possible. I don't like sitting in an office all day. I am also thankful to be learning more about the job (It has changed a lot since high school...everything is e-mail/internet based now!) I plan on doing loans during the summer for extra cash while teaching and it will be nice to work out of the house when we have little perfect kiddos running around in the future. :)

Sidenote: The picture above is the logo for the company. It is my Uncle's home in Peewee Valley, Kentucky. (Yes, Peewee Valley does exist!) That home is beautiful...and it has always been a dream home to Mom and I.

No comments: