Monday, November 3, 2008

Wedding Stories Part 1

Here are some fun wedding stories that I never want to forget for your enjoyment! Some of these moments could very well be "Had to be there" moments, but I loved these so much I think they are worth sharing!

1.
I bought the guys some poker chips and playing cards to entertain themselves while waiting for the ceremony to begin. Jeremy called me on Friday night after the rehearsal dinner to tell me that he wanted the cards early and they were coming to get them. We opened our hotel room door to see TC, see above, dancing for us to the "Party Boy" song.....The best part is that we went to show my mom and we knocked on the wrong door. An older woman was angry at first but she eventually smiled after seeing him dance. What a nut. He is for sure one of my favorites of Jeremy's friends.

2.
As far as wedding themes go, I went for super traditional! There are not a lot of things in my life that are normal.....so you better believe I wanted a "normal" traditional wedding! One of the traditional things I did was put little 35mm cameras on each table. Grandma suggested it, and I couldn't deny her. The pictures were honestly the funniest! It captured weird moments and funny conversations. The picture above captures the fact that I had taken SO MANY pictures, one more would put me over the top! Brian and Tyler loved taking pictures, and I swear they asked me to take 20! This was after picture 1,432,345.

3.

Speaking of taking pictures, this ring bearer took his job very seriously. After taking every formal pictures he SCREAMED "Power Rangers!" Everyone laughed and we eventually said it after a lot of pictures. Also at the reception, we went around and took pictures of everyone...and I mean everyone. After each shot, he would yell "Got it!!!" On top of all that, he LOVED and wore his cowboy hat that we brought him from Texas!

4.
Groom's cake: a cake that usually represents the groom's hobbies. I had to explain this to a lot of Northerners! I could go on and on about the differences between a Northern and Southern wedding, but I will save you the time! One weird difference is certainly the groom's cake though! We explained to the bakery what we wanted and they did an awesome job...but...it was so small! In Texas, I have never seen a groom's cake that would only feed 8 people! That is just selfish! When Jeremy and I walked into the reception, I just laughed when I saw how small it was! They just don't get it up there! All of the southerners noticed right away, and the northerners were clueless! Oh memories! (Note: Be specific on size if you plan your wedding out of state!)

5.
My tourists wanted to get a picture of a tree that actually had fall colors! Such a foreign thing for Texas! *Notice my thin jacket and their thick jackets or scarves!
Jeremy and I walking graciously into the airport, taking our time....

This is Nikki after she ran, frozen half to death and had to rest in the wheelchair.


The weather...was windy. I honestly didn't think it was that bad because I lived in Michigan during the winter! This was fall, and I loved it. My Texas ladies were a complete different story! They weren't used to such cold wind. It was Michigan, so I couldn't make fun of them! Our exit out of Michigan was one of the funniest experiences that I have ever gone through. It was a long walk in the cold with all of our luggage! Jeremy and I had a lot of carry so I was pretty focused on that. I look up and I see Nikki, Kirsten, and Amanda....running and screaming towards the airport doors. They were acting like someone was chasing them after their souls. I instantly started laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe. They were running so fast, they could barely hold onto their luggage. Who cares if the luggage is rolling on the wheels? As long as it was dragging behind them, they were good. Then I walk into the airport and there sweet Nikki is, in a wheelchair. The first place she found to sit down. Sissys! :)

1 comment:

Care said...

Haha those are great stories. I am from TX and didn't know about a Groom's cake, luckily neither did Mike, so we skipped it. I don't know what I would have done anyway... all he likes are video games and computers (dork!).

I get you on the photos. Everyone still talks about the "papparazzi" at our wedding. It seemed like EVERYONE was taking pics constantly (not to mention the photographers, LOL). It looks like you had a ton of fun! Congrats again :)